We humbly present the inaugural release of Intervene Upstream. Throughout this week, we hope to showcase a variety of articles and creative work from our talented and passionate peers.
The articles you have to look forward to this week include:
- Letter from the Editor-in-Chief by Nicky Tettamanti
- Why Public Health: From Personal Experience to Proudest Achievement by Abou Ibrahim-Biangoro
- Why Public Health: The Road Taken by Vaughn Edelson
- Working With West Africa to Contain Ebola: Understanding the Resistance to Initial Containment Measures by Kelli Buchanan
- The Intersection of Veterinary Medicine and Public Health by Elizabeth Hines
- Fighting the Normalization of Gendered Violence by Renee Iglesias
- Stigma and Mental Health by Sara Atlas
- Why Public Health: Addressing Social Isolation and Loneliness by Megan Marziali
- Why Public Health: The Foundations of My Personal Journey by Benjamin Schachter
- The Influence of Sexuality Discourse on Federal Sex Education Policy by Alicia Miller
- Why Public Health: Disparities in Health by Khaila Prather
- What Can Theater Contribute to Public Health? by Saharra Dixon
Thank you so much for your support and we hope that you share the stories that you identify with or learned from. We encourage you to join our community and to be part of the conversation!